In the picturesque region of Savoy, nestled amidst the majestic peaks of the French Alps, lies a culinary gem that encapsulates the essence of mountainous comfort: Tartiflette. Hailing from the Aosta Valley as well, this beloved dish has traversed borders and captivated palates with its irresistible allure.
In a harmonious partnership that unites French heritage with Australian craftsmanship, Opinel joins hands with L'Artisan Cheese, a beacon of excellence in the realm of organic cheese production. Founded by the visionary Matthieu Megard, a third-generation French cheesemaker, L'Artisan Cheese captures the essence of the Great Ocean Road's terroir, infusing their unique creations with a touch of artistry and tradition. Together, Opinel and L'Artisan embark on a journey to elevate the cheese experience, bringing forth a symphony of flavours that celebrate the union of French savoir-faire and the Australian landscape. Discover the essence of L'Artisan's exquisite organic cheeses, crafted with passion and an unwavering commitment to quality, as they beautifully complement the timeless elegance of Opinel's artisanal knives.
Find them here
2 tbsp Will Studd Le Conquerant
Butter, demi sel
2 Garlic cloves, grated
6 desiree potatoes, peeled & sliced
250 g Saskia Beer Black Pig
Picolo Ham, diced
salt & pepper, to taste
1 cup dry white wine
2 cups single cream
400 g L'Artisan Mountain Man
You will need a large oven proof baking dish
(1) Preheat oven to 180C, rub the inside of the baking dish with
butter and the grated garlic cloves until all the inside of the dish
(2) Layer sliced potatoes neatly over the base of the dish and
scatter with diced ham as you go. Season generously with salt & pepper and layer again until you reach the top of the dish.
(3) Pour white wine & cream over the top of the sliced potatoes and ham to cover generously.
(4) Slice the cheese into neat slices and layer across the top of the potatoes.
(5) Bake in the oven for 45 mins until golden brown and bubbly on top, reduce heat to 160C and cook for a further 15 mins.
(6) Rest Tartiflette in the oven for 10 mins before serving alongside a green salad & crusty bread.