Indulge in Delicious Citrus Desserts with Pierrick Boyer's Recipes
Pierrick Boyer is a renowned pastry chef who has won several awards for his unique and innovative creations. His recipes are known for their exquisite flavours and textures, and the Orange Flourless Cake and Orange Kisses are no exception.
Orange Flourless Cake By Pierrick Boyer
The Orange Flourless Cake is a gluten-free cake that is bursting with the citrusy flavour of oranges. The use of whole-boiled oranges adds a unique depth of flavour to the cake and the almond meal makes it moist and rich. The recipe requires some patience, as the oranges need to be boiled for 2 hours and then processed into a paste, but the end result is definitely worth it. The cake is perfect for those who are looking for a light yet indulgent dessert.
180 gr navel orange
365 gr whole eggs
245 gr castor sugar
360 gr almond meal
18 gr baking powder
Prep | 2 hours
Ready in | 3 hours
Now, let's start.
- Boil the whole orange for approximately 120 minutes. A skewer should easily go through. Let cooled. Chop & remove seeds (if any) then process the boiled orange in the food processor to make an orange paste. Chill in the fridge.
- Mix eggs and castor sugar until pale and fluffy for approximately 15 minutes.
- Gradually fold in the almond meal & baking powder.
- Add the cold orange puree and fold thoroughly.
- Pour into lined cake tin/cake ring. Bake at 165°C for approximately 40 minutes.
Orange Kisses By Pierrick Boyer
The Orange Kisses recipe is a perfect complement to the Orange Flourless Cake. These small, delicate treats are like frozen orange clouds that melt in your mouth. The use of agar powder and xanthan gum gives the kisses a unique texture that is both soft and chewy. These kisses are perfect for those who love refreshing, fruity desserts.
10 gr lemon juice
500 gr orange juice
40 gr castor suger
10 gr agar powder
50 gr caster suger
5 gr xanthan gum
Prep | 10 minutes
Ready In | 3 hours
- In a heavy-based pot, boil lemon juice & orange juice. Lower the heat.
- Mix castor sugar & agar powder, then put in the boiling juice. Continue cooking for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Mix castor sugar and xanthan gum. Add into the hot puree whilst continue stirring
- Cool in a stainless bowl in the fridge until set.
- Mix with a stick blender until smooth, put in a piping bag and pipe onto the tray.
- Place in freezer until solid.
Pierrick Boyer's recipes are a testament to his skill as a pastry chef. The Orange Flourless Cake and Orange Kisses are just two examples of the many innovative and delicious recipes that he has created. If you're a fan of unique and indulgent desserts, be sure to try out these recipes.